Wider Objective: To enhance cooperation capacities of Higher educational institutions of Partner Countries in the field of Doctoral Studies within European Higher Education Area (EHEA) and European Research Area (ERA)
Specific Project Objective/s:
1. To improve the structure and content of Doctoral Education and the internal capacities of services that manage doctoral studies by set up of Doctoral Training Centers (DTC) in partner universities in accordance with the modern European practices.
2. To facilitate a successful adherence with Bologna process reforms and its instruments by the academic and administrative staff involved in doctoral studies and research management through the organization of special training sessions in Armenia, Belarus and Russia
3. To improve/increase the quality of international and national mobility of doctoral students of Armenia, Belarus and Russia for training and research based on development of double degree programmers and joint supervision
4. To ensure sustainability of Doctoral Training Centers and their cooperation with European partners by establishing a sustainable professional network providing the use of participatory approaches and ICT-based methodologies.
Program: Erasmus+ Capacity Building in the Field of Higher Education
Project duration: 15/11/2019-14/11/2022
University of Latvia
(applicant) Inga Skendere |
MODEST project coordinator
|University of Helsinki (S.Zilitinkevich-coordinator, T.Vesala, H.Lappalainen, S. Karppinen, S.Tyuryakov, K.Lauri, I.Bashmakova|
|Jagiellonian University in Krakow|
|Brunel University London|
|Russia||Moscow Institute of Physics and Technologies|
|Moscow Institute of Geodesy and Cartography|
|Ural Professional pedagogical University|
|Kazan National Research Technological University|
|Armenia||Yerevan State University|
|Armenian Polytechnic University|
|Armenian Pedagogical University|
|Belarus||Polotsk State University|
|National State Polytechnic University|
|State University of Grodno named Yanka Kupala|
Project description and structure.
1. Analysis of organization of doctoral studies and research management structures (state of the art and emerging trends) in EU and Partner Countries
1.1. Comparative analysis of the existing European practices on managing of doctoral studies and establishing the needs of the partner countries towards internationalization of doctoral studies
1.2. Analytical survey to meet the national development needs in ongoing reforms on internationalization of training and research of doctoral students
1.3. Draft structure and content of intensive training courses
2. Partner countries HEIs staff development (training materials, study visits, training sessions)
2.1 Training materials for selected target groups (university’s academic and administrative staff, educational policy and decision makers) in accordance with national needs of Armenia, Belarus and Russia
2.2 Intensive training in EU and in the partner universities in Armenia, Russia and Belarus.
2.3 Workshop proceedings on evaluation of training sessions, final version of training materials
2.4. Recommendations for the local and national educational authorities on the internationalization of doctoral studies in Armenia, Belarus and Russia based on comparative analysis and training’s results
3. Doctoral Training Centres creation (on the basis of acquired experiences), setup of new courses, improvement of internal services etc.
3.1 Framework of Doctoral Training Centers, Doctoral Training Agreement between DTC, research organizations as well as European stakeholders established
3.2 New training courses for doctoral students with a strategic mechanism for increasing capacity in interdisciplinary research activities (for each Doctoral Training Center) implemented.
3.3 Pilot mobility of doctoral students of the partner universities of Armenia, Belarus and Russia for training and research
3.4 Programs and educational materials of international interdisciplinary Summer schools for doctoral students of Armenia, Russia and Belarus
3.5 Workshop proceedings on evaluation of pilot mobility, upgrade the set of Doctoral partnership agreements.
4. Virtual Network environment.
4.1. Modern web based platform for network interaction, technical documentations and user guide.
4.2 The structure and educational content of Doctoral Training Centers network
4.3. Conference proceedings on Network development strategy
5. DISSEMINATION & EXPLOITATION
5.1 Development of a Dissemination and Exploitation Action Plan & Updated Exploitation Plan
5.2 Open access to learning material of intensive training and doctoral training courses available online in national languages of partner countries
5.3 Open and clear admission procedure for new universities in the consortium network
5.4 Dissemination Conferences – Moscow, Yerevan, Minsk
5.5 Publications and workshop presentations
5.6 Project website for stakeholder communication
5.7 Round tables, international and press conferences,
Responsibilities of University of Helsinki
- Contributing to creation of Doctoral Training Centres
- Carrying out a seminar on modern trends in PhD training at UH and in Finland
- Providing assistance for partner universities in development of training materials
- Participating in Summer Schools for PhD students
- Participating in project monitoring activities
- Support and involvement into the international network of Doctoral Training Centres
- Support in Development of Virtual Network Environment
Text by Irina Bashmakova, INAR, University of Helsinki